Wedding venues (particularly barn venues) are a dime a dozen in north Georgia. Barn South, north Georgia’s newest wedding venue, is standing out amongst the barn venue event spaces! Its southern yet modern charm appeals to those couples who weren’t initially considering a barn venue! Here are our takeaways from our recent visit to Barn South.
Couples who initially were turned off by the rustic look of most barn venues have been swooning over this modern space’s open-rafter ceiling and oversized windows!
There is plenty of natural light in this event space and Barn South’s all-white interior is super chic on this little gem tucked away in Talmo, GA. If you haven’t heard of Talmo, GA, you’re probably thinking Barn South is just another barn venue in the middle of nowhere! After all, we hear from engaged couples searching for their perfect North Georgia barn venue all the time that they tour a venue only to find that there are hardly any accommodations nearby for their guests to stay. Barn South happens to be just 10-minutes away from the nearest hotel and only a short 16-minute drive from Chateau Elan! That is so appealing to couples concerned with guest experience and one of the reasons why we love it! If you are planning your wedding or event at Barn South, our founder and lead planner grew up close to the venue and will gladly give you tips like the best rehearsal dinner spaces nearby.
Another thing we love about Barn South is the attention to detail they have placed on every aspect of the venue! Many barn venues in North Georgia happen to be barns that were transitioned into an event space at a later time. Event flow was not considered as most barn venues were not originally built to be an event space that can host 300 guests. That’s where Barn South is different! The large bridal suite, multiple ceremony location options, the cutest cocktail hour space, and even the design of the restrooms! They didn’t forget about the groom! They have converted a nearly 50-year-old Airstream into the coolest getting ready space we’ve seen for the guys!
You’ve got your choice of indoor or outdoor ceremony spaces, an outdoor cocktail hour space that can be tented, and reception space that holds up to 300 guests comfortably!
Here are some things to note about Barn South:
- Included in your rental fee are farm tables, cross-back chairs, and upgraded high boys for cocktail hour (no linens needed!)
- Outdoor ceremony & reception options are available with plenty of on-site parking for your guests
- Bring your own vendors (as long as they are licensed and insured)
- Barn South allows you to purchase your own alcohol but requires a bartender to serve
- Barn South requires each couple to hire a coordinator to handle day-of logistics (at minimum). If you are planning a wedding at Barn South, or interested in learning more, learn how we can take the stress out of wedding planning with our comprehensive Coordination package here!
Planning your wedding at Barn South? Reach out to our team today to learn how we can help!