With 50 features and counting, we’re experts when it comes to getting published in wedding magazines and blogs! One of our lead planners even had her wedding published on Cake and Lace a well-known wedding blog featuring real weddings!
Here are our top tips for getting your wedding pictures published in a wedding magazine or blog:
1. Communicate with your photographer. This may seem like a no-brainer, but if you do plan to try to have your wedding published, make sure you let your photographer know beforehand. They may even assist you in submitting your photos to publications! My amazing wedding photographer, Jessie Gordon of Bella Noche Photography did!
2. Details are key! Make sure you bring items to make your detail shots stand out. Some examples are your wedding invitation suite, a vintage ring box, your favorite perfume, and anything sentimental that your photographer could include in a shot.
3. Your photos should tell the story of your wedding day! Submit your photos in the order of events that they happened so that it would make sense to someone a reader.
4. Be sure to include some details about your wedding day. How did you feel? What was your favorite part about the day? Is there something special about your engagement or the way you met your fiancé? Publications love to be able to include those types of details!
5. This is the most important tip! Be sure to list each. wedding vendor including the venue when submitting your wedding pictures. Publications may not accept a submission that doesn’t list each vendor. Plus, your vendors will appreciate the acknowledgment of the work they put into making your day perfect!
Wedding Planner Tip: Read your wedding photographer’s contract thoroughly to ensure your photographer gives you the rights to submit your photos to publications!
View Victoria’s wedding feature on Cake and Lace!